A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Racaire's Fighter painting

...here are some pictures how I made the 'Fighters Picture' for the Crown Tourney Homepage :)

<- this is the original picture (Chrissi of our shire Ad Flumen Caerulum found it for me at the i-net - Thank you very much Chrissi!) that inspired me and I copied it with some small variations... ...my main problem was that I needed only two fighters...

...now, I liked the fighter with the red dress very much and I thought it would be better if I make the following changes to the other fighter on the right side: I changed the position of the shield and after this change I needed a good example of a hand with a weapon and because I didn't wanted to paint another sword, I chose the hand with the weapon on the right side of the original picture :)





...this is a picture taken during the painting progress...
















...and this is the result :)









...and with this frame and passepartout it was presented to Prince Maximilian and Princess Margerite during the court at University - a gift and souvenir of our shire (Ad Flumen Caerulum) to the royal heirs

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Racaire, you should also add the image of it framed. It is so lovely and the frame just sets it all off.

Racaire said...

ok :)