A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

initial B and a nacked chick

Hello again,
here are two backlogs I did. The first one is an inital I found in a book containing only medieval intitals, some of you might have had a look into it if they were at the scriptorium at university last weekend.

The nacked chick for the other one I got from the book " Meisterwerke im J. Paul Getty Museum"- illuminated manuscripts. It is a page from the Mira calligraphiae monumenta, Wien 1592-1596! I scaned in the original as well for you to compare.
What do you think? Any suggestions on the calligrphy or illunimation?



3 comments:

Racaire said...

WAU! I love it :)

Lia de Thornegge said...

ooh, I really like your calligraphy. It looks so even and nice. Well done!

I do miss a few little details on the first scroll - whitework. The acanthus is great, you've got the shapes down perfectly and the scrolling and all of that, but when I looked at it it seemed to be a bit flat. It took me a moment to realize what was missing.

Still quite jealous of your calligraphy hand there. If I only had the patience for practice...

Galguita said...

Looks really elegant! :)