A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Greetings

With many thanks to Bridget, I've managed to get signed up for this and everything seems to be working.

I'm Aryanhwy merch Catmael, originally from Northshield but I've been living in Polderslot for the last two years. I'm mainly a herald, but I did quite a bit of calligraphy for scrolls back in Northshield. At the end of spring I decided to bite the bullet and, despite lacking any artistic skill whatsoever (I still have trouble drawing straight lines with a ruler), buy some gouache and paintbrushes and learn how to illuminate. I was too busy to practice at all over summer, but the other weekend I had some time so I put together a set of note cards for a friend, as part of an art-swap arrangement.

I put scans of the cards, plus scans of the originals that I used as my inspiration, on a web page at http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/candi/alban.html. I wasn't too happy with how the second one turned out, but the others I think look pretty neat.

-Aryanhwy

2 comments:

Merlyn Gabriel said...

welcome welcome!!!!

Ailitha said...

"Herzlich Willkommen" form me too! Keep us informed about your progress...I'm looking forwar dto it!