A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Manuscript recognition

Does anyone recognize this? I know the image is bad, as it is a scan of a scan from a book that is in someone's library, where I snagged it.. however... I did this a long time ago before I realized how much I wanted information about what I was doing and not just interested in the painting... so now I don't have any source information to go looking further. I want to say the book is German as the other scans I have from that same time period have a page in German... but... I'm not so sure about that either. Have a look, if you have seen this before and can tell me where it is printed I would be eternally grateful! If you know this manuscript... that information would be divine!

Thanks!... this is what sparked the bee in my bonnet by the way!

2 comments:

Nerissa said...

Hi Trin,

The majority of my illumination library is in Australia, but if I were to look for that page I would first look inside this book and hope to find it there:

'Renaissance Painting in Manuscripts: Treasures from the British Library'

Best of luck.
- Nerissa

Trinite Ducalon said...

Thank You!

That actually sounds familiar, and as it is one I don't have in MY library, could be the very place... now to find a copy!

Cheers!
Trin