A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

sharing cool scribal photos

Hi. I've uploaded five scribe related photos to:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/raisedgold/

Also, finally, I found real actual pointy Ivy, just like what you see in French gothic borders. Of course some of you will be saying "I grow the stuff in my garden", but this is the first time I've ever come across it. And here's one of the five photos; to give you a taster.....

2 comments:

Merlyn Gabriel said...

What's also cool, like seeing real ivy is we grow grape plants and wow ...the leaves are JUST like what you see in some illuminations. I was like, well that's kinda cool. They even have the little curly vine things coming off them...just like you see in manuscripts.


It sort of brings things together, at least for me.

-bridget-

Trinite Ducalon said...

It is absolutely fun to find the plants you have been painting for years really exist and are not just fanciful pretties medieval artists made up! This spring, on my morning walks with me dogga I saw several flowers that I have painted several times on scrolls, but had never seen in real life before! I was chuffed!

Cool photos! Such a pretty little book!