A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

'Definitive' Lindquistringes

Does anyone have a 'definitive' version of the badge for the Orden des Lindquistringes? Something similar to the 'definitive' Order of the Panache displayed on the Kingdom awards webpage?

Now while I can copy the badge from an extant scroll, I'd feel happier if there was a master copy somewhere to use as a reference. For that matter, the awards page is missing illustrations for quite a few of the awards - is there any chance of getting a complete set of reference graphics?

6 comments:

Trinite Ducalon said...

Now that is an interesting thought... let me see what I can come up with!

Aryanhwy merch Catmael said...

I have one; I asked the holder of the heraldic files to send me a scan of the original forms so that I could use it to make Maredudd's scroll. (I'm way better at tracing than drawing freehand!). I've put a copy of it at http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/candi/lindquistringes.jpg

Ysabella-Maria said...

Ah, many thanks for that. Something that complex I'm better at tracing that working freehand too!

Genevieve la flechiere said...

I've put a photo of the embroidered badge I was given by HRM Fiona in my LJ Scrapbook (no signin required):

http://pics.livejournal.com/bend_gules/pic/001c0ax5/g106

He's less skinny and undernourished-looking than the original submission!

Note that the badge should be fieldless, not white. But you need the fabric support to create the round badge.

If I stitch it to something, I think I'll snip out the white bit.

Gf

Merlyn Gabriel said...

In the booklett I have of scroll texts there are images for each of the main "with badge" awards. There was a lot of discussion some years back about just how the Lindquistringe badge should look like. ( it's pretty ugly imho) what we settled on was created by Master Terafan.

I will see if I can nudge the webminister to add the text booklet.

nickysam said...

I finally got some photos of Alheydis Laurel scroll developed. They didn’t come out as great as I had hoped. Foo. Pleasance4 – when you are done with the calligraphy, I want to try and get some better photos of it.
--------------------------------
nickysam
smm