A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Here's one I prepared earlier...


...much earlier.
This is Melisende Fitzwalter's AoA, which was a backlog in late 2003 when I did it.
The sonnet is my lord Robert's composition. (Sonnets come about 200-300 years after this hand, but details, details...)
It looks big and blocky to my eye now, but it was my best work at the time. I was pleased with the hand, which was steady even at this size. I modelled the initials on examples I found...somewhere, and they match the hand.
I think it's on cartridge paper, with gouache paint (including the gold - I'm not big on goldwork) and unknown ink.
I can say I'd now do something very different! but hopefully still with Robert's text.

No comments: