A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

pre event scriptorium notice ( maybe)

Just to let everyone know that there *MAY* be a scriptorium at coronation. I have asked the signet if she doesn't mind one is hosted and the event steward if this would be possible and am now waiting to hear back about space availability. It may be we have a corner someplace but if he can make it happen he will *cheer Volker*

Will keep you all posted on details as I get them.

I think it would be a great tradition to try and get scriptoriums running at as many events as possible. I also think that it should not be the sole job of the signet to host and or organise these events but rather local scribes. What do you all think? I know that Genevieve has been doing this as often as she can ( way to go) and so have a few folks in Sweden. So what do you all think?

Running a scriptorium essentially means obtaining space so scribes can work unhampered throughout the day. ( basically begging for space from teh event steward) I don't really think it needs to be more complicated than that. ( it can be but it doesn't have to be.)


Bridget

3 comments:

Ysabella-Maria said...

I believe that there will also be one at Yuletide University at Glen Rathlin.

Trinite Ducalon said...

I think it's a lovely idea! I had a wonderful time at the Scriptorium at University! Thank you Genevieve! I will most certainly try to host a scriptorium anywhere there is a space, but I do so like the idea of other scribes setting them up as well! It is so nice to spend time with others who share your interests!... and I have ideas for projects those scriptoriums might work towards as well... if you are interested, drop me a line and I will fill you in! Who knows.. maybe you will have a better idea, or be able to expand upon mine!
Trin

Merlyn Gabriel said...

am interested.... :)