A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Level 2 Completed


This is my self-test scroll – made for Mistress Eufemia’s Sigilum Coronae. I pushed the boat out for this one to see if I could do a proper miniature and border without totally mucking it up. I can see all the bits that need improving but I am happy with it, but know that I have a long way to go. Needless to say I did this in plenty of time just in case I needed to start from scratch!! Now start all the exercises on hands and faces!!!

It is based on an early 16th century (c. 1510) Book of Hours made in Paris.

Melisende

3 comments:

Trinite Ducalon said...

...and you did an absolutely wonderful job! You gobsmacked us all at Coronation! You done good!

Trin

Melisende Fitzwalter said...

Thank you! now I just have to prove that its not a fluke! :)

Trinite Ducalon said...

Piffle. No fluke, talent that! Hush now and go back to painting!