A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Too late?

Greetings, all!

I have a question for the collective scribal mind. I'm still working on the backlog and suspected that the gentle for whom this scroll is intended would appreciate a late period scroll. I checked with him and yes, he would like secretary hand 'with all of the flourishes and squiggles'. That's fine by me, and this is what I have produced:

Lindquistringes for Antonio

My concern is that it's so late period that it's too late. What does the collective scribal mind think?

5 comments:

Trinite Ducalon said...

I think it is lovely! With the proper seal added to it (which I can do by the by) it will be a nice thing!

Ysabella-Maria said...

It is definitely one of those that needs the dangly ribbon and seal between the two signatures. :)

Lia de Thornegge said...

Oooh! Yay! I'm so happy to see that -you- got this backlog and did it splendidly for Antonio. He's been longing for a scroll for a while :)

The hand looks spiffy, in my opinion, and just what was asked for - who could be displeased?

Nicely done, Ysabella-Maria.

Trinite Ducalon said...

Oooh... I didn't mean that it wasn't nice without the seal.... I think it's lovely and a seal will set it off splendidly... not that it's not lovely without the seal! :-D

Genevieve la flechiere said...

I don't think it's too late. Cadel top-line letters are dated to 15th c, according to both Mark Drogin and David Harris. By all means, twiddle away! :-)