A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Robert of Canterbury's pelican scroll

Here it is, in it's full glory!

Robert's Pelican scroll

The lovely illumination was done by Lady Trinite a few days before the event; Lady Genevieve carefully shepherded it along to Uni, where I spent about 2.5 hours in the afternoon doing the calligraphy. The text I had to work from turned out to be too long (I realized this about 1/3 of the way through), but one of the nice things is that it said everything in triplicate or quadruplicate, so I could remove phrases here and there without affecting the overall composition or sense of the text, and thus I managed to get everything to fit (exactly! I'm very proud of that).

The image doesn't show the whole scroll; there is another 5cm of blank perg below the signatures, for the inclusion of seals.

4 comments:

Racaire said...

*gosch* lovely!!!! looks great!!!!

Merlyn Gabriel said...

the image is not displaying and clicking on the link returns an error message.

Aryanhwy merch Catmael said...

How strange -- the image displays both on my home computer and my office computer, both yesterday and today. Clicking on it should get you to http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/candi/pel002.jpg. I'm not sure what the problem could be, but hopefully it's just transient.

Merlyn Gabriel said...

okay now I see it, I think the file is just huge and blogger is having issues with that.