A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Teamwork

For Alaric and Nerissa's court barony scroll, given out this weekend at the ID first coronet, Trinite and I teamed together to make it. She did the illumination and then sent it along with someone to the event, where I retrieved it and did the calligraphy on Saturday (rather like how we did Robert of Canterbury's pelican scroll -- it worked so well the first time, we thought we'd do it again!).

The result turned out to be more than the sum of its parts, I feel!

5 comments:

Merlyn Gabriel said...

lovely!!!

Aoife Ni Aodhagain said...

It's beautiful!

Melisende Fitzwalter said...

And it looks even better in the flesh!

Racaire said...

*gosch*
gorgeous!

Trinite Ducalon said...

It was fun... and small... and showed me that I really need a huge magnifying lense to look through for painting... even while wearing my glasses. Seems I would be a retired scribe the way my eye sight is going!

It was pretty little girl before Ary wrote on it, then it became a lovely woman. So much nicer when matured!