A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

new signet

Greetings, all!

Yesterday marked the change over of the signet office. It makes me very happy that the first public action I take as signet is to thank Lady Trinite for her two and a half years of service in this office, particularly the last six months where she took me on as deputy and helped me learn the ropes of the office before I'm responsible for it! She has left me with some big shoes to follow and I hope that I can take care of the office as well as she has. Dame Melisande has agreed to be my deputy, and I'm very pleased to have her help on board.

First, a little bit about me for those who may not know me. I joined the SCA in January 1996, and became my group's local herald three months later. Until April of this year, I have not been without some type of heraldic office or other: I'm really looking forward to branching out and trying something new! :) I started off in the Shire of Falcon's Keep in Northshield, and played there for three years until I moved to the Barony of Jararvellir, to go to college. I was there six years before moving to Polderslot here in Drachenwald, and I can hardly believe it, but at the end of August I will have been here for 5 years. I was active in calligraphy back in Northshield, but steadfastedly resisted illumination due to a deeply-held belief in my lack of artistic ability. A palaeography class a few years ago exposed me to so many poor-done manuscripts that I realized that lack of artistic ability was no hindrance, and I picked up a paintbrush and started trying. In the last three years, I like to think I've discovered that I do have a little bit of ability.

The signet@drachenwald.sca.org email already reaches me, if you have any questions, and the rest of my contact info will hopefully but in the July DT; however, if you need my postal address (e.g., for mailing scrolls), please email me for it rather than using the one there, as I will give you my work address instead of my home address, easier for receiving large and oddly shaped packages.

I look forward very much to working with all of you, and am already very pleased that for the first two courts of their Royal Majesties Ulfr and Caoimhe, we have had scribes for every award they'd planned in advance. Let's hope we can keep this going so that we don't add any to the backlog!

The next event I will be at is Raglan Fair, at which I hope to be hosting a scriptorium. I hope to see many of you there!

-Aryanhwy

1 comment:

Racaire said...

Congratulation and I am quite sure you'll do a great job too! :)
*hugssss*

...and many thanks to Trinite for the great job she did! :)