A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Monday, January 17, 2011

A scribe wannabe

As Mistress Bridget has requested I will try to present myself a bit since I am new here. My name is Nicole d'Anjou and I live in the shire Juneborg in the principality of Nordmark. I had tried my hand a bit at both illumination and calligraphy with Countess Elsa, but at the university of Drachenwald I met Lady Aryanhwy, and that is where I really got caught by illumination. I have started to learn to paint with gouache colours and if you want to see what I have managed so far you are welcome to have a look at http://nicoleillumination.wordpress.com/ where I keep images of my work.
I would appreciate all comments on how I can improve myself and things I should try out. I want to learn and the rest of you have so much experience.

5 comments:

Sara L. Uckelman said...

Welcome, Nicole! You're definitely a scribe, not a scribe wannabe, given that your illumination has already been given out in court. :)

Nicole d'Anjou said...

I know, but in this distinguished company I still feel like a wannabe. ;-)

Merlyn/fiona/Bridget said...

There are no wannabes there are only scribes with varying degrees of experience. Welcome aboard Nicole. Feel free to ask questions and bug us for answers. That's what we're all here for!

B

Racaire said...

Welcome :)

Melisende Fitzwalter said...

Its always lovely to meet new Scribes!! Welcome indeed.