A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Saturday, February 05, 2011

16th C squee!

I normally avoid 16th C MSs, because the vast majority of them are way beyond my ability. However, I'm beginning to compose a backlog PCS that I want to write a Scots text for, and since most of the Scots that I have access to is late 15th or 16th C, I thought I should at least browse the BL and see what they have from that era, so that I can at least try to match the design with the text.

And I found these! They are too cool:













These are all from BL MS Additional 33733, which is either Italian or Dutch.

Aren't these fun? They would make great borders for prize scrolls in tourneys or competitions or something.

-Aryanhwy

3 comments:

Merlyn/fiona/Bridget said...

those are awfully cute!

Genevieve la flechiere said...

They're wonderful and GAUDY at the same time! Will look them up myself.

Melisende Fitzwalter said...

Awesome!