A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Not a bad day's work

Morning started off with toting the husband to urgent care (verdict: tonsillitis. He's in bed with tea-with-honey, icecream, and antibiotics), which would normally have been a good indication that the rest of the day wouldn't be so hot.

Luckily, this turned out to not be the case, and I got in a pretty good day's work:



This is based on Codex Admontensis 105, f. 1r:



However calligraphy will have to come tomorrow; I've spent enough hours today hunch over drawing finicky lines.

4 comments:

Racaire said...

*gosch*
beautiful!!! :)

Merlyn/fiona/Bridget said...

I look forward to seeing the entire scroll.

Ari said...

I've used that one too! Didn't come out as well as yours, though, as it was one of 3 I had to do in a week to deadline...

Melisende Fitzwalter said...

Very well done indeed!