A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fun and easy late period hand


I found this (Harley 3118). It's quite a quick hand, and it's second quarter 16th century, and it's not a horrid secretary hand. With the "st" styling, it makes it look fun, simple, and at the same time elegant.

The lines, from what I can see of the ruler, are 1 cm apart. I used a 2mm high letter with 8mm spacing, and it came out well (I haven't got a picture yet--I need to wait for the oakgall to get with the program.) Used a Mitchell 5 nib--a 6 probably would have worked as well (I'm kind of known for using as broad a nib as I can).

In service,
Arianrhod

2 comments:

Merlyn/fiona/Bridget said...

I am in love with that A. That would be fun to do someday.

Ari said...

I just did one for an AoA--wound up with more white space, somehow (despite measuring), so wound up crosshatching.