A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

The GoA





Since this is a backlogged scroll I don't mind sharing it here. It's about to be mailed off the get signed then handed to its rightful owner but first it gets its screen debut.

Since I struggle with acanthus leaves I wanted to push myself to get on with doing more. I tend to stick with what I know for a really long time before I step out of the box.  I love the look of the florally stuff but I suck at shading so much I really tend to shy away from it completely. I am okay with how this turned out but I feel I still have a really long way to go.

The stats:
Paper is heavy pergamenata, white
Paints are gouache and water colour
Oak-gall ink scabiosa from Boesner
sugar and gum arabic gesso with transfer gold leaf
metal nib dip pen nib size 1.5

4 comments:

Ari said...

The acanthus leaves are lovely!

Racaire said...

Beautiful!!!
...and I love your hand! - hopefully mine will be so beautiful one day!!
*gosch!*

Melisende Fitzwalter said...

Very lovely!

Nerissa said...

very nice work!