I'm really, really bad at extrapolating. So I need some advice.
My original is BL MS Egerton 2432 f. 34v:
I'm substituting an achievement for the initial, which necessitated some change in the background of that square:
My questions are:
- The coat of arms that will be going there is black and yellow. What would be the most pleasing colors for diapering? Black on yellow and yellow on black, or red or white on both?
- Would the shield (and the coronet) look better outlined? In white, red, or black?
- Should I outline the outer edge of the blue, and, if so, in black as in the original or white to match the other inner detailing?
- Should I outline the bottom of the square in the same color as the previous?
- Should I outline the hill the shield sits on, if so, in black or white?
If it makes a difference to any of your answers to the above, I'm planning to diaper the red background with white.