A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

3q11 roundup

Another quarter has come to an end, and it's time for me to round up the stats, numbers, and scribes!

The following scribes assisted me in producing a total of 23 scrolls for upcoming courts: Lady Ælfwynn Leoflæde dohtor, Lady Amal binti Hamid al-Chania, Lady Arianrhod o Gymru, Lord Conrad zur Ruben, Lady Lena the Red, Mærith aff Weselax, Baroness Margaret Walsingham, Lady Margaretha von Rüdingen, Lady Racaire, Lady Saraswati man-Ikkam, and Lady Trinite Ducalon -- many of them done at short or last minute notice! Thank you all.

We also completed 9 backlog scrolls, done by Lady Arianrhod o Gymru, Lord Maredudd ap Gwilym, Lady Racaire, Lady Signe Scriffuerska, and myself.

I'd also like to remind people of the scroll blank competition going on; for every blank that you send me (either calligraphy only, illumination only, or a mix with spaces left for the name of the granting K&Q, the recipient, and the date) between now and 12th Night Coronation, you'll get a virtual ticket in the drawing to win a copy of Marc Drogin's book on calligraphy. So far, I've got three entrants and 12 entries. I'd love to see more! Your blanks have been tremendously helpful in the last few months where impending motherhood has made it more and more difficult for me to sit hunched over the table doing C&I projects of my own. :)

Thank you all again for your hard work. It is very much appreciated!

-Aryanhwy

1 comment:

Magdalen Yrjänäntytär said...

I received my AoA this weekend (there had been some hassle, the date is in Aarnimetsä Baronial Investiture) and tried to thank lady Margaretha von Rüdingen for the scroll, but the e-mail game back. I hope she can see my thanks here!