A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Thursday, March 01, 2012

Uta's laurel scroll


Here's what I made for my dear friend Uta Boucht's elevation. The original is from Romance of Alexander, the bottom from her favourite page, depicting Uta in the blue (she says the original is her inspiration) and the top margin is from another page, slightly modified. I haven't made much miniatures because I never get them quite right, but I have to admit I'm pretty happy with this one. The scroll's made on real parchment by master SvartulfR, which was a bit of a challenge, being my first time. Now I like the overall appearance of the scroll though it had me in desperation a couple of times. This took about 5-6 full working days to make.

Margaret

5 comments:

Ari said...

Lovely! Absolutely lovely.

Merlyn said...

lovely. Thank you for sharing here so we can all see it!

Robert said...

The Text is here,
http://forsooth.pbworks.com/w/page/50848896/Baroness%20Uta

Lena the Red said...

lovely work, and fast for that amount of detail. Really coherent design beautifully executed.

Ava said...

wow! that's pretty amazing....