A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Order of the Fox

Greetings to all you other scribes.

This is actually my first complete letter written for the SCA, although I have been active elsewhere in the past. It's also the first time I used raised gold, so even though there are plenty of mistakes it came out pretty well. I found the oak gall ink somewhat too thin for my taste, so I may add some extra gum arabic.

Materials: Pergamenata, acrylics, Cornelissen's oak gall ink and raised size. The exemplar is a mid-15th c letters patent to the company of parish clerks, tweaked to my tastes.

Read into court at Coronet in Flintheath this weekend.

3 comments:

Merlyn said...

that's lovely! And welcome to the fold.

Sara / Aryanhwy said...

Yet another scribe whose calligraphy makes me jealous...

Lia de Thornegge said...

That's Gorgeous! Lovely hand, Arnaut.