A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

And even more new scrolls.

I don't think I've posted any of my work on the blog recently, but as lots of people are sharing I figured I'd add a few of my recent works too.   Caligraphy remains the bane of my existance...



 Viscount Eirik's Dragon's Steel, given on the field at Raglan.  Based on the Gosforth Cross, and written in the style of Beowulf.  This one is explained in more detail in my personal blog.
Lindquistrings for Nicholas also given at Raglan. It was a blank I had just finished making because I liked the harpist king image.  It looked up off the page at me and said "Draw me! Right now!" You other scribes ever have that phenomina happen to you?


 Sun and Chalice for Alessandra. Italian, based on a page from the Borso D'Este Bible.  It's much simplified from the original but I think in this case that is okay.  First time I've done anything for ID though so I think it turned out well. 
This is a Lindquistrings for Richard Rampant and quite probably the most fun I've had with a scroll in a long time.  It's written in Arabic thanks to Silvein who translated my scroll text for me.  If anyone is interested there is a more in depth discription on my blog. 

A panache for Nesta.  Codex Claustroneoburgensis 68.  I loved the little hot pepper at the bottom.

2 comments:

Lena the Red said...

having seen them in person, the pictures do not do them justice - must get Richard's Lindquistringes to the framers (they love us there - we give them real art to handle!).

Genevieve la flechiere said...

For someone who doesn't like callig, you manage to muddle along ok on the dragon's steel. :-) I thought it was lovely.