A place for Drachenwald's scribes to hang out, learn, discuss and critique each others work.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

RAWR!

One of my favourite styles, despite what I've been posting here, is bestiaries (ca 13th c for the most part).  So I took a break from late-period stuff for Thorvaldr's Sigillum Regis, and decided for it to do something belligerent.  (Although the horse looks like it's the fiercer of the two--the gryphon is much more WTF?!)

Ignore the calligraphy--it isn't great, as I rarely use that hand and Gothic has permeated it.  I'm just quite pleased with the beastie.  It's Harley 4751, iirc, if you want to go look.


1 comment:

Bone-needle Arts and Crafts said...

Oh,I am painting that same image xD I started that scoll like 10yrs ago tho ;) (and I am sure it wont look as good...when i finish it)