BTW, I would be most interested in your thoughts on the process of creating these penwork initials. I look at them but I don't know where to start, so if you have the time to do a bit of a tutorial on how you do it it would be great!
sure... I have the page started that I am doing so I can photography the process if you like?
I generally go like this... 1-find inspiration 2-pencil everything out 3-ink the outlines of the Cap first, if I am doing a puzzle cap then i vary the ink colours according to the fill colours ( blue for blue, red for red) 4-paint in the puzzle cap 5-pencil the major filigree patterns 6-ink the patterns 7-add the flourishes, the long squiggly lines and extras till it looks done but hopefully not over done 6-start the calligraphy...
2 comments:
Wow. Yeah, that's not a little work to do.
BTW, I would be most interested in your thoughts on the process of creating these penwork initials. I look at them but I don't know where to start, so if you have the time to do a bit of a tutorial on how you do it it would be great!
sure...
I have the page started that I am doing so I can photography the process if you like?
I generally go like this...
1-find inspiration
2-pencil everything out
3-ink the outlines of the Cap first, if I am doing a puzzle cap then i vary the ink colours according to the fill colours ( blue for blue, red for red)
4-paint in the puzzle cap
5-pencil the major filigree patterns
6-ink the patterns
7-add the flourishes, the long squiggly lines and extras till it looks done but hopefully not over done
6-start the calligraphy...
Post a Comment