The Göttingen Model buch, the origional has some very excellent tips on shading and it is a period source.
model buch
just click on the Göttingen Model book link and then browse, it is a super source for how to shade acanthus leaves but the techniques can be applied to other things as well.
2 comments:
So how many people have actually made a model book? I just finished one start to finish and well I know how the monks felt when they got to the end. :) It was a wonderful learning experience and I think the most calligraphy I've ever done. I enjoyed the diapering section and saw 100% improvment in my diapering techniques. Just my two cents worth.
Akiko
I am in the process of starting this project but it is sort of one of those things that sits on my desk when I don't have anything else to do which at the moment is not very often...
Post a Comment