So the idea is simple. Scribes post an image of something they want discussed and everyone can participate in the discussion. Keep it friendly, keep it constructive.The idea is to provide a safe helpful environment to encourage improvment in the scribal arts, to address questions and problems that scribes have and to encourage each other.
I will leave how each scribe who joins this circle hosts their images but the blog provides a central place for us to discuss the work shown.
Just as an example I post my crazy capitol letter A.

7 comments:
Ooooh! great!
That A is beautiful!How do you make all the fine red lines? Du you use an extremely thin brush?
This blog is a very good idea!
:)
I love pen flourishing [goes right with my preferred time period and place too *g*] and only recently got started on it. It's easier and more difficult at the same time but I found that drafting in pencil for basic direction helps a lot.
I love your hatching, Bridget, it's so nice and even :o)
Hi
I use a pen nib for my lines, never a brush. Now after buying a bunch of nibs from ebay.de ( schreibfedern) I found a fabulous size "Sommerville&Co.nib No2200EF
Sir Josiah Mason" I use blue W&N calligraphy ink and a red ink I found at http://www.cartaepenna.ch. I fill my caps in with gouache, using a paintbrush. I draw out the main patterns with a sharp 'H' faber & Castell pencil, the long squiggles and stuff I do free hand. I will be posting some info here on the techniques as soon as I get stuff sorted out.
If people are interested I could post some more intersting ebay auctions that I find that people might be intersted in.
even hatching is a miracle of the scribal gods, :)
-Bridget
I am looking forward to read your posts on the techniques...
:D
This is awsome...please show us more of your work!
I would be very interested on the ebay auctions!
Post a Comment