

Despite the incredible work on the previous post, I wanted to post these two scrolls as I am rather happy with the work given that I had only 3 workday evenings to do them in. The text could have been better, I wish the gold leaf looked nicer in the pic and I know I made mistakes - but they did that in period too right? At least thats my arguement! ;op
6 comments:
very lovely :)
Ooh, very nice penwork! I know the scrolls with lots of stuff on them look impressive at first glance, but I have a certain affinity for clean-lined and simple, personally.
And penwork like on the first AoA there is deceptively clean looking. It's gorgeous, nice job, Melisende
Thank you very much! It was actually quite a joy to make as it was different using ink for decoration rather than paint!
I love the penwork!
Verra lovely! There is a certain something about the clean lines of penwork! I have a lovely book on Mudajar ornamentation, flipped through it and drooled over the pictures, but never actually attempted to re-create one... perhaps you should start a trend! As for mistakes... yes they made them in period too, and there is documentation that some even highlighted the mistake or annotated it's existance in the margins... out of pride or a red pencil "note from teacher" it's hard to tell... but they did make mistakes! Adds to the charm if you ask me! As for me I always leave one mistake... as only the Gods can create perfection! (something I learned while being taught seed beading by an old Lakota woman many years ago!)
Cheers!
Post a Comment