Here it is, in it's full glory!
Robert's Pelican scroll
The lovely illumination was done by Lady Trinite a few days before the event; Lady Genevieve carefully shepherded it along to Uni, where I spent about 2.5 hours in the afternoon doing the calligraphy. The text I had to work from turned out to be too long (I realized this about 1/3 of the way through), but one of the nice things is that it said everything in triplicate or quadruplicate, so I could remove phrases here and there without affecting the overall composition or sense of the text, and thus I managed to get everything to fit (exactly! I'm very proud of that).
The image doesn't show the whole scroll; there is another 5cm of blank perg below the signatures, for the inclusion of seals.
4 comments:
*gosch* lovely!!!! looks great!!!!
the image is not displaying and clicking on the link returns an error message.
How strange -- the image displays both on my home computer and my office computer, both yesterday and today. Clicking on it should get you to http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/candi/pel002.jpg. I'm not sure what the problem could be, but hopefully it's just transient.
okay now I see it, I think the file is just huge and blogger is having issues with that.
Post a Comment