This is a Ffraid (service) by Lady Lena the Red in a 12th c style - Lena included sources, but I don't have them at hand...
An AoA in medieval French - C&I by myself, text sourced by Arianrhod. Original is Harley 3107 from the British Library. It's a late 12th c text about Augustine, and a very jolly intro page it has. Other pieces from this period almost look 'hippie' - with bulbous shapes reminiscent of paisley patterns.
The time/place for this style is limited - it only seems to last a few decades, before it's overtaken by more sophisticated shaded illuminations.

A joint PCS, for a lovely couple departing Insulae Draconis - presented on behalf of their Majesties. The inconsistency of ink colour is because I was having serious trouble controlling the flow using a quill.

The inspiration is again from Harley 3107, two different pages.
No comments:
Post a Comment