![]() |
| unfinished D, gold leaf - tooled and gouache |
![]() |
| Red D, gouache, gold leaf, gold paint. |
![]() |
| critter! |
![]() |
| crow in the vines |
![]() |
| little S, gold leaf bar, gouache, ink. |
![]() |
| Bar & Ivy: gold leaf, gouache and ink. |
I've had the blanks with the gold leaf done for a while just waiting for the right scrolls to come along and they did. I use schminke Calligraphy gouache and watercolour paints on Pergamenata. Gold leaf on the gum arabic / sugar gesso from the Kathleen P. Whitley book.
All images except the first one are from the same scroll and the inspiration was this piece.
Antiphoner 1350
I got it from the book: Illuminated Manuscripts and their Makers by Rowan Watson
Which can be found through Abe books or amazon ( used) as the hard cover is now out of print. ( sadly it's a great book)
or as paperback here for a decent price.
V&A shop






4 comments:
I love the whitework on the red D!
thanks. I struggle with whitework a lot. I'm always really relieved when it actually turns out.
b
beautiful! :)
Wow, gorgeous!
I love the little crow!
Post a Comment