![]() |
| Scroll for Lord Náttfari Garðarsson |
Viking age scroll/diploma for Lord Nattfári
Ink on 250mg watercolorpaper
Border design is from Swedish runestone
Border is (my own interpretation) Glymdrápa , a skaldic poem composed by Þorbjörn hornklofi toward the end of the 9th century :
Hilmir réð á heiði,
hjaldrseiðs, þrimu, galdra
óðr við œskimeiða
ey vébrautar, heyja,
áðr gnapsólar Gripnis
gnýstœrandi fœri
rausnarsamr til rimmu
ríðviggs lagar skíðum
I wanted to make something simple and in my opinion this design works better without colors. I was going to add some real gold, but I was too scared to ruin it (I actually tried gilding 1st time today...and failed XD)
Ink on 250mg watercolorpaper
Border design is from Swedish runestone
Border is (my own interpretation) Glymdrápa , a skaldic poem composed by Þorbjörn hornklofi toward the end of the 9th century :
Hilmir réð á heiði,
hjaldrseiðs, þrimu, galdra
óðr við œskimeiða
ey vébrautar, heyja,
áðr gnapsólar Gripnis
gnýstœrandi fœri
rausnarsamr til rimmu
ríðviggs lagar skíðum
I wanted to make something simple and in my opinion this design works better without colors. I was going to add some real gold, but I was too scared to ruin it (I actually tried gilding 1st time today...and failed XD)

No comments:
Post a Comment